Gifted and Talented Education (G.A.T.E.) Program
The Morgan Hill Unified School District GATE mission statement states:
We are committed to a school environment that fosters excellence and the achievement of one’s potential. It is the belief in the possibility of individual excellence and unique acheivement and in the school’s responsibility for fostering both that is the basis of the Morgan Hill Unified School District’s Gifted and Talented Program.
PVEA’s GATE program is designed to deliver a differentiated program integrated into the regular classroom structure based on the core curriculum and supplemented by enrichment opportunities for individuals or groups of gifted and talented students.
- Provide a standards-based curriculum upon which differentiation is structured
- Develop higher order and critical thinking skills
- Develop and nurture interpersonal and social skills
- Encourage leadership abilities
- Develop and encourage problem-solving processes
- Afford opportunities for students to learn about and use a variety of technologies
- Model and encourage lifelong learning
- Provide challenging enrichment opportunities
- Enrichment Opportunties